AFC’s National Policy Summit
The AFC National Policy Summit is the nation’s premiere event on educational choice, joining together policymakers, advocates, and leading business and media figures to ensure that all children in America have an equal opportunity to receive a quality education.
Join us September 29-30, 2021 for our 11th Summit in Milwaukee, WI.
Registration for the AFC Summit will open at 3:00 PM CT on Wednesday, September 29. There will be two afternoon sessions, followed by a reception and dinner.
On Thursday September 30, meals and sessions will take place from 8:00 AM – 9:00 PM CT. Exact timing of sessions is TBA.
• Opening Dinner – Celebrating the 30th Anniversary of the Milwaukee Parental Choice Program and featuring Dr. Howard Fuller, Mrs. Susan Mitchell and former Governor Tommy Thompson
• Luncheon – The John T. Walton Champion for Choice Award will be presented
• Closing Dinner – Legislator Spotlight. Legislators from across the country will discuss the 2021 school choice wave and champions from a variety of states will be honored.
• Legal Review – A discussion of legal challenges and opportunities for school choice programs over the past year.
• Building Consensus – A conversation among current and former democratic elected officials about how to broaden support for school choice.
• Research – Presentations from scholars on their latest school choice research.
• The Warmth of Other Schools – Insights from school leaders on how to welcome a diverse student population to private and charter schools.
• The Future of the School Choice Movement – A discussion among alumni and future leaders of the school choice movement.
• School Choice is a Winning Issue – Insights from pollsters on how candidates can support school choice and win elections.