The Digital Content Director is an integral part of the American Federation for Children and affiliates’ mission to empower families, especially lower-income families, with the freedom to choose the best K-12 education for their children. The Director is responsible for providing strategic engagement, network enhancement, and digital content strategy to increase awareness and understanding of the life-changing work, advocacy, and advancement of AFC’s key initiatives. The position reports to AFC’s National Director of Communications and Marketing.
- Collaborate with AFC’s national and state teams on developing and executing strategic marketing strategies and digital campaigns that will elevate local and national initiatives and grow database of supporters
- Identify opportunities to amplify AFC’s brand and education freedom messaging
- Ensure that brand identity, messaging, and marketing strategy are infused in all organizational efforts (programming, resources, publications, events, advertisements, email campaigns, social media etc.)
- Assist the development team in strategies to engage new and existing donors
- Identify opportunities to grow coalitions, including strategies to consistently engage new or potential supporters
- Assist in copy-editing all AFC content
- Design, implement, and manage new organizational structure for contact database at the national and state level
- Maintain awareness of cutting-edge marketing tools and strategies with a creative mindset
- Manage national and state websites, including redesign
- In collaboration with the National Director of Communications and Marketing, assist in preparing the Communications budget, monitor accounts, and manage projects to work within the budget
- Participate in all staff and team meetings
- Perform other duties as assigned by the National Director of Communications and Marketing
- Minimum five years professional experience managing digital content
- Exceptional writing and editing skills
- Mastery across all social media platforms, including paid promotions and marketing
- Expertise in digital platforms, including but not exclusively: Phone2Action, WordPress, Mailchimp, Facebook ads, Twitter, Instagram, Canva, social media management platforms (Hootsuite, HeroPost), and Eventbrite
Location: Flexible, with preference for Dallas, TX
Employment type: Full time
Salary: Competitive and commensurate with experience
Benefits: Comprehensive benefits package
Equal Opportunity Employer
About the organization: The American Federation for Children is the largest national advocacy organization promoting educational choice. The American Federation for Children is a 501(c)(4) organization. We are affiliated with the American Federation for Children Action Fund, a political committee that supports and opposes state-level candidates for elected office, and we work closely with our educational partner, the American Federation for Children Growth Fund, a 501(c)(3) organization, to promote the benefits of–and the need for–educational choice.
For more information or to apply send email with cover letter and resume to klinehan@federationforchildren.