We’re hiring – Arizona Community Outreach Manager
The American Federation for Children, the nation’s voice for educational choice, is seeking a Community Outreach Manager to help expand K-12 educational opportunities for families in Arizona.
AFC is a non-partisan organization that works across the country to elect state level candidates, pass legislation, and implement laws to help children access the schools of their parents’ choice.
The ideal candidate is a consensus builder with a track record of community organizing and issue advocacy who will work to increase awareness of and participation in the Education Savings Account Program (ESA).
- Assist in hiring and scheduling outreach events, and is responsible for management of the canvassing team
- Creating and maintaining a database of interested parents and parents who have applied for an ESA through the canvassing team
- Work with families to help them understand the ESA program, assist them with the ESA application, and also ensure they receive appropriate follow-up from the canvassing team
- Must be fully bilingual (Spanish and English) and able to develop relationships with appropriate organizations in the Spanish-speaking community in Arizona
- Should possess a thorough knowledge of Arizona’s school choice programs, including the tuition tax credit and ESA
- Frequent in-state and limited out-of-state travel required and the ability to work weekends and evenings
- Must be passionate about providing families with access to educational options and empowering families to make choices for where their children are educated.
Qualified applicants should send resumes to Lindsey Rust at LRust@FederationForChildren.org.
Learn more about AFC at https://www.federationforchildren.org/