|Today the American Federation for Children announced that former Governor of Indiana and President of Purdue University, Mitch Daniels, will deliver the keynote address at the National Policy Summit on Thursday, May 3, in Washington D.C.
As Governor of Indiana, Daniels enacted comprehensive and bold education reforms that included one of the nation’s most expansive private school choice programs and an expansion of charter schools. Today, more than 40,000 students in Indiana benefit from the state’s two private school choice programs enacted under his leadership.
Statement from Bill Oberndorf, Chairman, American Federation of Children:
“Few public officials have fought so hard and accomplished so much to expand opportunity for students. Governor Daniels’ visionary leadership has not only served children and families in Indiana, but it also continues to be a model for what’s possible across the country when Governors make meaningful education reform a governing priority. We are honored to have Governor Daniels at this year’s summit.”
- The American Federation for Children’s 9th Annual Policy Summit will take place on Wednesday, May 2, and Thursday, May 3, at the Mayflower Hotel in Washington D.C.
- Participants from more than 34 states and Puerto Rico will be in attendance.
- More information, including additional speakers and featured guests, can be found at www.AFCPolicySummit.com
- To register for the summit, e-mail Jana Gregg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Room block closes TODAY at 5 p.m. EDT.