The American Federation for Children Future Leaders Fellowship identifies and develops the next generation of school choice leaders. Future Leaders Fellows learn from recognized experts in the field through a series of in-person and virtual training sessions. By also engaging with elected officials and the political process, fellows recognize what it takes to expand educational choice through policy change.
A FUTURE LEADERS FELLOW IS SOMEONE WHO IS:
- A leader with the desire to be a force for positive change
- A graduate of a publicly funded K-12 school choice program
- A current college student who is at least 18 years old
- Willing to share his or her story and be a voice for educational choice
- Interested in a future career in educational choice advocacy
- Available to travel at least three times during the twelve month program for a period of 2-3 days each
- Committed to participating in monthly virtual training sessions, including completion of all program assignments
- Committed to the mission and values of AFC and the Future Leaders Fellowship Program
2020 FELLOWS ARE ELIGIBLE FOR:
- A $3,000 stipend
- Expense paid trips to Washington, D.C. (Summer 2021) and two other locations across the country.
- The potential for college credit and/or professional internships
To apply for the 2021 Future Leaders Fellowship Cohort, please fill out the information below. Applications are accepted on a rolling basis through November 1, 2019.